If you would like to study in the states, click here first.
Lutheran High School has welcomed students from all over the world since 1996. Currently almost two-thirds of our entire student population is made up of young people from countries such as China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Venezuela, and Taiwan. It offers great cultural exchange between the students as well as an opportunity to witness to one another.
International students looking to attend Lutheran High School need to adhere to the following process:
- Complete admission packet available on line at /images/intadminapp.pdf
- International student application
- International student questionnaire
- Parent questionnaire
- Financial disclosure statement and supporting documentation
- Student recommendation
- Guardian agreement
- International student statement of financial responsibility
- Students official transcript, translated into English by accredited school translator
- Turn in packet and application fee of $100.
- Upon passing the Skype or phone interview, and a $3,000 deposit, an I-20 will be issued. The I-20 and a letter of acceptance will be given to the guardian for shipment to the student. Please note: Transfer of the I-20 to another school cannot be made until the student has paid for the 1st year’s tuition and fees.
- Student will arrange an interview at the US consulate to get a VISA (see website in regards to the interview.)
- Students who are coming to LHS for the first time or who haven’t taken the summer EL program need to be here by 8/1/2016.
- Get a Tdap pertussis booster shot before starting school. California law states that all students entering 7th through 12th grade must have the shot before starting school.
- Lutheran High School has no boarding facilities. International students must make their own arrangements for staying with a local host family while attending the high school. Students who need help in locating an appropriate host family must make this clear to the school at the beginning of the admissions process. The high school may assist applicants in finding a host family. However, placement through the school cannot be guaranteed.
Note the following:
- It is important to send paperwork by 5/20/2016
- Allow two weeks for the interview
- Allow one week to prepare I-20
- Allow six weeks for VISA interview and getting to USA
- Summer class begins 8/1/2016
- Summer session is 8/1/2016 to 8/5/2016
- Registration/Back to School Night is 8/9/2016
- Fall classes begin 8/11/2016
Admissions Packet for Domestic Senior High Students
Print out forms below (pdf).
Complete and return - either by fax to (916) 691-2292, or mail to:
9270 Bruceville Rd, Elk Grove, CA 95758.
Statement of Financial Responsibility
State Side Guardian Agreement
Financial Disclosure Statement