Athletics is an integral component of the total LHS experience. We encourage our students to participate in athletics to learn the value of Christian sportsmanship while developing physical skills, leadership abilities, and personal character. Additionally, because we believe academic and athletic success go hand in hand, our coaching staff works hard to help each student achieve his or her full potential whether on or off the field.
LHS athletic teams compete within the Northern Pacific Athletic Conference of the CIF Sac Joaquin Section Division VII. Proud and competitive, the Panthers compete against a wide variety of public and private schools in a variety of sports for both boys and girls. Being a part of LHS athletics, gives all participating student-athletes the chance to learn, play and enjoy the sports we offer, while allowing them to experience playing at the Varsity level. LHS athletics continues to strive for success, while building the athletic program to the highest level. Our goal is to not only make our athletes perform at their best, but to prepare the student-athletes for after high school. LHS staff and coaches continue to instill the qualities this entails, including accountability, responsibility, integrity and always putting forth your best effort.
An LHS athlete:
- glorifies God with his or her abilities in both practice and games as well as off the playing field
- aims for excellence in the classroom as well as the field/court
- conducts him- or herself in a manner that will make proud his or her Savior, family, and school
- is honest and loyal to the school, teachers, coaches, and teammates
- strives never to take an opportunity to criticize nor pass up an opportunity to praise